Code of Conduct
We, the Lake Forest II Dolphin Swim Club have implemented the following Code of Conduct in order to maintain a safe and structured environment which is conducive to achieving the objectives of the swim team organization and for the important message it holds about the proper role of parents in supporting their child/ren on the swim team.
Parents should read, understand and sign this form prior to their child/ren participating in our league.
All swim team participants, family members, officials and staff are expected to abide by this code.
Any persons guilty of improper conduct at any meet or practice will be asked to leave the facility and be suspended from the following meet. Repeat violations may cause a multiple meet suspension, or the season forfeiture of the privilege of attending all meets.
The essential elements of character-building and ethics in our swim league are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles:
Trustworthiness Respect Responsibility Fairness Caring Good Citizenship
The highest potential of a team is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character”.
I therefore agree:
1. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the meet is for youth, not adults.
2. The coaching staff is responsible for enforcing the rules of safety and discipline, and will have the full support of the swim team Board and parents. The coach will be required to notify the Board of Directors, in a timely manner, of all disciplinary actions taken. It is recommended that this occur through the regular meetings with the Coaches’ Representative except otherwise noted.
3. Parents and spectators will not be allowed to enter the Lake Forest Sun and Sail Club before 7:00 am on the day of a meet, unless they are scheduled to work setup that day .
4. If you are scheduled to work the day of a meet the representative must check in for their assigned job before their child can check in.
5. All pool regulations in effect during normal pool hours are to be honored during swim team activities. Out-of-Area families are prohibited from the weight room and should only be at the club during their child/rens practices.
6. Any child 12 or under must have a parent, guardian, or designated responsible adult on the pool deck at all times during their scheduled practices. The parents of these age groups are prohibited from being in the gym during their child’s practice time.
7. Swimmers are expected to comply with the directions of the coaching staff and all requested swimming exercises are considered mandatory. Exceptions will be made at the coach’s discretion for special situations.
8. Parents and spectators are required to stay clear of the starting block area during each event. This will allow the coaches to organize the swimmers and allow the meets to go smoother and faster. This rule applies to home meets as well as away meets.
9. It is the parents’ responsibility to make sure their child knows when they are scheduled to swim and need to be in the starting area.
10. Proper behavior of swimmers is expected at all times. The Coach will give two reprimands before asking a child to leave practice or a meet.
11. All Dolphin swimmers are forbidden from using the family pool, baby pool and the jacuzzi during swim meets. The pool can be utilized once the swim meet is over .
12. Swimmers are encouraged to attend all practices. Swimmers are required to attend at least two practices per week, with special exceptions allowed by the Coach.
13. I will inform the coach via note &/or email of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
14. I will inform the Coach via SwimTopia if my child cannot attend a swim meet &/or more than three practices a week due to vacation or any other reason. Participation in the meets is determined by attendance during the previous week, unless otherwise approved by the Coach.
15. Any swimmer that is scheduled to swim in a relay that has not checked in by 8:00 am will be removed and replaced from this event. There will be no exceptions.
16. Wearing the current team swimsuit is encouraged for all meets. If a swimmer opts to wear a different suit at any meet, it needs to be a solid black suit, with no other logo on it.
17. Any behavior, which poses a safety threat or disrupts a scheduled activity, will result in immediate ejection from the facility for that day. Serious or recurring incidents will results in additional actions. Enforcement will be reasonable and consistent with the magnitude of the offense. The general escalation procedure is as follows:
The Coach will attempt to avert problems by notifying parents of problematic behavior as it occurs. Isolated incidents will result in ejection from the facility for that day, and notification of the parent. More serious or recurring incidents will result in temporary suspension for the team until a consultation session is held between the Coach and the parent or guardian. Reinstatement will occur immediately after the consultation. The Coach will notify the Board immediately after issuing a temporary suspension. The coaching staff may elect to deny a swimmer the right to participate in the upcoming meet for serious offenses. The parent and the Board will be notified immediately of this action. Additional incidents subsequent to temporary suspension or denial of meet participation will require that a meeting of the Board, the Head Coach and the parent or guardian be held as soon as possible to determine the proper course of action. If none of the above actions remedies the problem, then the Board may vote to expel a participant from the swim team.
18. I will teach my child to swim by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
19. I will demand my child/ren treat other swimmers, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
20. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
21. I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child/ren to win.
22. I will respect the officials and their authority during swim meets and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches on the deck and I will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
23. I will refrain from coaching my child or other swimmers during meets and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team or asked to assist by the coaching staff.
24. I (and my guests) will be positive role models for my child/ren and encourage good sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, demonstrating positive support for all swimmers, coaches, officials and spectators at every meet, practice or other Dolphin event.
25. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of un-sportsmanship conduct with any official, coach, swimmer or parent such as booing and taunting; using profane language or gestures.
26. I understand the Lake Forest II Dolphin Swim Team is a parent volunteer sponsored team, and therefore, understand the requirement to uphold the job duties/assignments for which I have signed up for and thus agreed to carry out as instructed. Failure to carry out these tasks will result in a fine of $250 for the season and the fee will be guaranteed on a credit card prior to the start of the season.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE LAKE FOREST II DOLPHIN CODE OF CONDUCT BY EITHER A PARENT OR SWIMMER WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM THE TEAM
YES, I AGREE.
Enter your initials to indicate acceptance: